The U.S. Army Air Force B-15 intermediate flight jacket was initially introduced as a replacement for the earlier leather flight jackets like the A-2s or the B-3s. Highly favored due to its sharp appearance and higher comfort it was not only worn by fighter aces of the U.S. Army Air Forces, but also by other branches of the U.S. Forces as well. Later models were out of nylon but the first version was made with a cotton outer shell, making it the last cotton cloth flight jacket. Like the original our jacket also features the loops and leather triangles for attaching an oxygen mask and radio.
Our B-15 flight jackets feature all the original details:
• outer shell made of polished satin cloth
• woven wool lining
• genuine plush mouton fur collar in gold brown
• circular knit cuffs and waistband
• Authentic size- and manufacturer-label
• leather triangles and loops
• original 1940s Talon zipper with "left opening"
For sizing chart please scroll through photographs